This term, our theme is SPACE!
In English we are learning:
- How to punctuate sentences with capital letters and full stops.
- To use the word 'and' to join words together.
- Text mapping, retelling, adapating and rewriting instructions and stories through the Talk4Writing approach.
- Our key texts are "How to Trap an Alien" and "Whatever Next".
- To continue to use adjectives and magpie words in our writing.
- To help us learn, we have a SPACE STATION for our role play area - we think it's super fun!
In maths we are learning:
- To count in 2s, 5s and 10s to 50.
- How to multiply and divide by 2, 5 and 10.
- Position and Direction.
- Place Value to 100.
In science we are learning:
- "Everday Materials".
- How to investigate which would be the best materials for specific purposes linked to space.
In physical education we are learning:
- In history we are learning about space and astronauts including Neil Armstrong and Tim Peake.
- In geography we are learning about directions and moving around different maps and grids.
- In art we are learning about various artists, creating finger printing pictures, space collages and puppets.
- In design and technology we are learning how to make moving pictures and objects.
In computing we are learning:
Use a mouse to move and place items accurately on screen.
Explore a simulation in other curriculum areas and talk about what happens.
Make choices in an adventure game or simulation.
In RE we are learning:
In PSHE we are learning:
- "Living long, living strong".